Outstanding CII Researcher Award
The Funded Studies Committee solicits nominations each year for an Outstanding CII Researcher, to be recognized at the CII Annual Conference. The award criteria include:
- The academic research has the potential to significantly improve the construction industry.
- The award is for CII research completed within the last several years, by teams that have submitted all products to CII.
- The researcher’s excellence is recognized by their research team members, CII staff, and membership. The staff will coordinate this with the research team chairs.
- The researcher’s research report has the following characteristics:
- has a thoroughgoing account of the data collection methods
- presents a complete description of the data analysis performed
- explains the findings in statistical detail, as appropriate
- makes reasoned claims and conclusions; divulges any limitations of the findings
- presents a useful and valuable discussion of industry implementation
- makes viable recommendations for further research
Individuals may be nominated by a member of any of the following:
- A CII Research Team
- A CII Standing Committee
- A CII Implementation Champion
- A CII Board Member or Alternate
- A member of the CII Staff
Individuals may not nominate themselves. The nominator must have sufficient knowledge of the nominee to supply appropriate information on the Nomination for Award Form.
All nominations will be submitted to CII, attention: Kristi Delaney
. The deadline for nominations is Monday, April 24, 2017
. The nominations will forwarded to the Outstanding CII Researcher Award Panel of Judges. This Panel of Judges will be composed of:
- Three (3) members of the Funded Studies Committee (1 Owner, 1 Contractor, 1 Academic)
- One (1) member of the Quality Assurance Team
- One (1) past academic recipient of this award
- CII's Associate Director of Funded Studies (chair of the panel)
The panel will select the recipient in accordance with the award criteria. The CII Executive Committee will confirm the selection. This Award will be presented to the individual at the Annual Conference.
In general, this award will be given to one individual at a time for a single research effort; however, in the case of multiple principal investigators on a research team, it may be awarded to more than one individual. This is a highly selective award and is not an annual award; it will only be awarded when there is a viable candidate. Nominees not selected may be considered for future awards.
2017 Nomination Form
Last modified and verified on 2-24-17 by CII Research Webmaster